Sunday, October 26, 2008

Japanese treasures

In Napier last week Amy and I discovered a lovely Japanese shop called Raku. I'm not usually a big leisure shopper, but I was seriously tempted by all the pretty things. I finally managed to narrow my purchases down to four cotton bandanas (three of which were nice colours and the fourth of which had bunnies on, enough said), a packet of little rabbit shaped fabric stickers (okay, so I may have a bunny problem), a packet of gorgeous origami paper and half a metre of beautiful printed cotton, which I intend to line a bag with.



The man who served me was absolutely meticulous and used a ruler as his cutting edge - none of your Fabric Vision chop and rip here. Then he folded everything into a little bundle, placed it in a cute printed paper bag, and added an origami crane. It was all in all a very pleasant shopping experience and if you ever visit Napier, you should definitely visit Raku.

No comments: